The release of the revolutionary app by Google was a breakthrough in smartphone photography. The release of Google Camera inspired many smartphone makers like Samsung, Apple, and Huawei to do more and more research to improve the image post-production in their smartphones.
Well, Samsung and Apple might have reached a level to give tough competition to Google Camera, but still, Google tops the charts in smartphone photography. And the best thing is, you can experience GCam features on your Android smartphone. Here, we will be mentioning the procedure with which you can try out various Google Camera features on your Android device.
We will also provide the download links for the best Infinix hot11s.
Gcam Port Explained
The Google Camera (Gcam) app, first introduced with the Nexus phone around 2014, features advanced photography modes like portrait, HDR contrast, and night mode, setting a high standard for mobile photography primarily on Nexus and Pixel phones.
This app, thanks to Android’s open-source nature, has been adapted by third-party developers into Gcam ports, allowing users of other Android devices to enhance their camera capabilities significantly.
- Superior Image Processing: Gcam ports excel in HDR imaging, offering better dynamic range, color accuracy, and low-light performance.
- Advanced Photography Features: Includes modes like Night Sight, Astrophotography, and advanced Portrait mode, broadening the photographic potential of devices.
- Free: These ports are usually free, providing an affordable way to improve photo quality.
- Compatibility Issues: Not all Gcam features work seamlessly across different devices, with some modes possibly crashing.
- Installation Complexity: Setting up a Gcam port can be tricky, involving APK downloads from third-party sites and various adjustments.
- Security Risks: Downloading from unofficial sources carries the risk of encountering malicious software.
- Lack of Official Support: There’s no official Google support for these ports, meaning updates or bug fixes aren’t guaranteed.
- Performance Impact: Gcam ports may use more resources, potentially affecting battery life and device performance.
Google Camera for infinix Hot11s
The Infinix Hot 11s, released in September 2021, stands out with its high-resolution camera setup tailored for photography enthusiasts.
It features a primary 50 MP wide-angle lens with PDAF for capturing sharp, vibrant images, complemented by a 2 MP depth sensor and a QVGA sensor to enhance photo depth and detail.
This smartphone also includes a Quad-LED flash, HDR, and panorama capabilities, ensuring excellent photo quality in various lighting conditions.
For video enthusiasts, the Infinix Hot 11s supports up to 1440p video recording at 30fps, allowing for high-definition video capture.
The front camera, an 8 MP wide-angle lens with Dual-LED flash, also supports 1440p video recording at 30fps, making it ideal for both selfies and high-quality video calls.
With the Gcam port, you will be getting a long list of software-enhanced features –
- HDR Plus
- Night Sight
- Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL)
- Super Res Zoom
- Zoom Enhance
- Portrait Mode
- Real Tone
- Dual Exposure Controls
- Color Temperature Control
- Computational RAW
- Macro Focus
- Long Exposure Mode
- Motion Photos
- Top Shot
- Frequent Faces
- Long Shot
- Palm Timer
- Guided Frame
- Photo Sphere
infinix Hot11s Gcam Port Links
How to install Gcam Port on infinix Hot11s
First of all, you have to check if your device is eligible to run a Google Camera port on it. Not all Android devices, especially entry-level phones, can run the GCam port apk smoothly. The device might lag while running the app or won’t run at all.
So, it is best to check your device’s compatibility to support the apk.
Once you have checked the compatibility of your device, it is time to proceed with the guide to install the Google Camera port on your phone.
Follow the steps provided below to install Gcam without root on any Android device.
Troubleshooting Gcam Port Issues
If your Gcam port isn’t working, it could be due to various reasons. Here’s a concise guide to identify and solve common issues:
- Incompatible Version: Ensure the Gcam port matches your device and Android version. Search for a device-specific mod.
- Camera2API Disabled: Gcam needs Camera2API. Use apps like Camera2 API Probe to check and potentially enable it, possibly requiring root access.
- Installation Problems: Allow app installations from unknown sources in Settings > Security or Privacy.
- Lack of Permissions: Grant the Gcam app necessary permissions like camera, storage, and microphone.
- Configuration File Missing: Some Gcam versions need a device-specific XML configuration for best performance.
- App Crashes/Freezes: Clear the app’s cache/data or reinstall. If issues persist, try another Gcam version.
- Feature Issues: Disable problematic features or switch to a different Gcam version if hardware/software limits feature functionality.
- Corrupted APK: Redownload the APK from a reputable source.
- Outdated Android: Update your Android to a compatible version.
- Hardware Limitations: On older or less powerful devices, try a simpler Gcam version.
- Custom ROM Issues: Make sure your custom ROM is Gcam-friendly. Adjustments may be needed for compatibility.
If these steps don’t resolve the issue, seek help in device-specific forums for further advice.
An electrical engineer by education and a blogger by profession. Loves to be surrounded by new technology, software and gadgets.